05/03/2011

First Post...

Well, wow. I haven't recorded a 'blog' since I was about 16. This is interesting.

My 'blog' (really uncomfortable with this word, for some reason), 'Thoughts For Another Time' has manifested itself for a number of reasons. The first would be that I love to write, and haven't allowed myself to do much of it lately. A second would be out of sheer ease after reading a note from somebody else and realising just how simple it is to get this up and running, and a third would be that sometimes, just sometimes, my thoughts are worth sharing. Oh, and I have a bit of spare time on my hands at the moment.

I don't see the need to tell you much about myself in an aesthetic manner, or even in a matter of lifespan. Thoughts have the ability to transcend most of the 'boxes' we place ourselves in now-a-days. They are both ageless and sexless; free and unrestrained, and for this, I am envious. I do so hope that you, on occasional times away from your far-too-busy schedule will find the time to take a browse over these thoughts and take from them whatever you like. This is, quite seriously, a form of meditation for me, you see, and anything further that comes from it is a pretty nice bonus.

Meditation? Yes. Thoughts have a tendency to fly through my head at ridiculous speeds, and I have a tendency to drop a lead as soon as something else pops up. Taking the time to type, helps me to focus in on a point, allows me to conduct research regarding a matter, and ultimately learn massive volumes of information. Learning is my favourite thing to do. It should be yours, too.

I have no intentions of preaching to you. For a start, preaching would get me nowhere, and even though I don't have an exact destination in mind, it's best to aim for something rather than nothing, right? But further to this, preaching is insulting. Not now, and not ever, have or will I need someone to tell me how to act, what to believe, when to speak or how to live. The most amazing learning experience that I have ever had is the one that you share with me, dear reader, and that is life. Teaching and preaching don't really work as methods of passing on information, do they?

Teaching begins from day one, and I have no qualms with teaching infants how to eat, speak or whatever in the formative years (well, I obviously do, but now isn't the time...). I refer mostly to the school system when I talk about 'bad teaching'. From day one of Nursery, School, Kindergarten or whatever, children are taught to be subservient, submissive and take everything as read. It wasn't until I was in my late teens that I was 'given permission' to question the information that was being given to me. As I'm sure you can tell, I didn't exactly wait for this permission, but the vast, VAST majority of the masses do, and they're lucky if they get even that.

Unfortunately, we're living in a system/society/man-made cesspit of misinformation, delusion and corruptness which requires it's inhabitants to be drones in order to function. One of the major problems is, of course, that it would seem the human race are more than happy to play along. We throw our young into the system as soon as possible (normally to allow the parents a speedy escape back into the workplace to earn more shiny tokens in order to further validate their lives...) and let them get on with it. Do you know what your kids learned at school today? And more importantly, is it even 'true'?

The point is; we need to learn for ourselves. We need to take the smarts, strengths and awareness we have as a race and use them to discover the truth. Truth about what? Anything you so desire. If you want to learn about elephants, go ahead. But just make sure you learn yourself. One textbook will not quench your thirst for learning, so don't let it. Find an article, published in a well-known and well-revered Journal, and question it. Don't allow yourself to be placated.

I'm learning. Everyday, actually. I learn about a medley of topics which interest me, and I don't let them limit my interests. It's a great way to be. I construct opposing arguments, learning everything there is to know on a topic before incorporating my views into the picture.

Here's where I started. This got me interested. I shall say no more, except: Find out for yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for furthering my thoughts.